I am a huge fan of Chinese proverbs. I feel that they have the most profound meanings and if we stop and take a minute, not only to read them, but to let them sink deep into our soul, there are valuable lessons to learn from them. Here are 10 fantastic ones. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
10 Chinese proverbs
1. “One Happiness Scatters a Thousand Sorrows”
2. “You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent their making a nest in your hair”
3. “He Who Sacrifices His Conscience to Ambition Burns a Picture to Obtain the Ashes”
4. “An invisible thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break. May you be open to each thread that comes into your life, the golden ones and coarse ones- and may you weave them into a brilliant and beautiful life.”
5. “A person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.”
6. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop”
7. “The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones”
8. “Everyone sees the violence of the swollen river. Few see the violence of the embankments that constrain it.”
9. “Great winds are powerless to disturb the water of a deep well.”
10. “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.”
Source: Saboteur365 via Ewao
This article was originally titled 10 Chinese Proverbs That Will Upgrade Your Perspective and published on Thinking Humanity. It is re-posted here under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
If you are struggling to find peace, joy, love and abundance in all areas of your life, my new self help eBook might be just what you need. Click here for more info and to download your copy today!