The Feng Shui geek in me comes out for this blog. So many of us have negative energy and aren’t even aware of it. Energy is in everything and everywhere so we kinda want it to be fresh and clean, not toxic. There are many ways to get rid of negative energy but here are 5 simple steps from me.
Space Clearing for Negative Energy.
Some of you may know what that is and others may have never heard of it but I can tell you one thing, it is absolutely imperative that you do it, at the very least, once a month.
I usually do it about every two weeks and it generally takes me about 15 minutes but that could be because I live in a cute little apartment. For larger spaces, obviously, it will take you a little longer. Space clearing is something you should do when:
- there has been any kind of stress in your house
- there has been a death or illness
- you’ve just moved into a new place
- a relationship has ended
- any other negative thing has just occurred in your life
- you just need to change the energy in your place
Quick! What is it and how do I do it?
Well first of all it’s mega easy peasy to do. Trust me on that one. It’s also kinda fun and liberating and you may find yourself doing it more than once a month after you get the hang and feel of it.
Space clearing is a shifting or cleansing of the negative energy in your place. Have you ever noticed that the air or a room feels heavy or dreary? Almost depressing- like?
You kind of feel sad or maybe even tired with little to no energy? If you have felt any of those things, then that’s your cue to do a clearing!
The steps are easy. There are many sites on the internet that tell you how to do it and they are all pretty good but I’ve narrowed it down to a few simple steps that feels right for me. You will know what feels right for you. The only materials you will need are:
- sage smudge stick
- soft music
- lavender or lemon grass spritzer
That’s it, that’s all. Make sure you are alone or with no distractions. The best time to do a clearing is the middle of the day. Turn on the soft music, light your candles (these you can have burning safely on your coffee table or dining room table, wherever really) and sage smudge stick, open your windows (if you can) and here we go.
- Starting at your front door and moving clockwise, take your sage and carefully go from room to room, closet to closet allowing the smoke to cleanse every inch of your space. (I will carry a tin plate and hold it directly under the sage to catch any ashes that may fall)
- As you do this, imagine all the negative energy burning away or getting cleansed and turning into positive energy. Hold those thoughts the whole time. You can even talk or pray while doing this. I usually say “good bye negative energy, hello happy positive energy, welcome back into my home” or something close to that.
- Do the entire place, closets, behind doors, every nook and cranny and then finish back at the front door. Take a few deep breaths here, maybe even say a little prayer if you feel inclined to do so.
- Now take your lavender or lemongrass spritzer and once again, starting at the front door and moving clockwise, refresh the air and your rooms with your spritzer. ( I like doing this because it gives the air a wonderful fresh clean scent after burning the sage which, in my opinion, doesn’t smell too nice)
- You are now done and should go have a shower and put some fresh clean clothes on.
I always tell people that if they don’t feel much better after a clearing to do it again. You may not feel 100% better but you should definitely feel a little lighter and happier!
Go ahead and try this and if you ever have any questions, shoot me off an email.
Happy Feng Shui’ing
Peace and Love
(this post contains affiliate links so if you make a purchase I make a small commission)