A water fountain is one of the most powerful cures in Feng Shui, provided it is in the proper location. Water is the symbol of wealth in Feng Shui. The absolute best spot for a fountain is at the front door. This will ensure that wealth continues to flow into your house. There is nothing more beautiful, soothing and inviting than a water fountain at your door.
Oh. You live in an apartment building? Condo? Something other than a house? Fear not. You can most certainly still own a water fountain. Apartment dwellers rejoice. Fountains and Feng Shui aren’t just for home owners. I have a lovely tabletop fountain that is placed strategically in my Wealth and Prosperity Area in my apartment. I love the trickling sounds.
Water fountain rules
Now before you run out to buy a water fountain pay attention to these tips first please. Also, don’t buy one just for the sake of owning one and as always, make sure you love it and it compliments your space perfectly.
- I’m putting this tip as number one because it is of the utmost importance. Like, if you don’t do this, don’t bother owning a fountain. (Please. Just don’t.) KEEP THE WATER CLEAN! OK, I’m really sorry I had to yell at you but if you own a fountain and the water is murky, slimy or dirty then, really, what’s the point? That’s just disgusting.
- The water fountain,if going indoors, should go in an area that requires the water element. Now that sounds like it should go without saying but I’m still surprised at people that have big water element objects in a Fire area. Hello! What puts out fire? Check your Bagua to see where the water elements are required. Put a fountain in any of these areas. (but remember, no water in the bedroom)
- I do not recommend battery operated fountains (for indoor ones) as they are usually quite small. Don’t go for small. Small water feature, small money. Try to get a decent sized one that will fit into your space nicely.
- Make sure it is always running. Yes even when you go to bed at night. Flowing water, flowing money.
- Change the water weekly. I have a mid size fountain and I take it apart, the whole thing, once a week and clean it all. You’d be surprised at the sludge that will grow in there if you don’t.
- Water will evaporate so make sure you add fresh clean water to it daily.
These are super easy tips to follow but in order to get the most out of your cure, you must adhere to them. If you do live in an apartment and you can get a fountain at your door, even inside, then do it (and lucky you!!). If you absolutely can’t get a fountain in your place at all, then opt for a nice waterfall picture or any kind of art work that has water in it, be it a lake, ocean, river, anything like that.
Hope this week’s Feng Shui tip was of use to you and as always, shoot me off an email if you have any questions about this or other tips. I’m happy to hear from you guys and answer your questions.
While I have you here, have you checked out my new self help guide yet? It’s jam packed with tips and tools to help you live the life you deserve!!
Do you love listening to motivational podcasts? You might love mine then :)
You can now follow me on Patreon! SUPER cool stuff going on over there!!
Happy Feng Shui’ing
(this post contains an affiliate link so I may make a small commission if you make a purchase)