Who doesn’t love staring at a beautiful giant full moon on a clear night, alone or with a loved one? I am all about the moon, new or full, crescent, or barely there. The energy I get from it is soothing and invigorating. And what about all the other good stuff that comes with it like the full moon ritual.
(this post contains affiliate links so if you make a purchase I make a small commission-affiliate disclosure)
What happens when the moon is full?
There are many still who don’t believe the full moon has power. Ah, but it does. More than you think. Ask any farmer. There is talk of dogs going crazy, people acting strange and crops flourishing.
Why does all this happen? You can thank the full moon for that.
So what happens when the moon is full?
The energy of the full moon has the power to shift and realign all things on the planet, even human beings. I’ve tried to Google a more detailed explanation for you and this is what I found. I hope it helps a wee bit.
I honestly had a hard time finding more evidence.
What is the full moon ritual?
Rest assured we aren’t sacrificing goats or children. Not this time anyway ;) The full and new moon are times to take a step back and go deep within yourself.
The night of the full moon (and new moon) is the time to take some quiet time just for you with absolutely no distractions. I am going to explain my full moon ritual to you, take what you want, leave the rest, add your own personal flair to it.
Your ritual is yours and should be unique to you but it should also feel good to you. If you don’t get it right this time, try again next month. But keep at it. It’s so important to not only your mental well being but also to your goals, dreams, and your inner self.
- The first thing I do is shut everything down and just keep really soft zen music playing. There are a ton of beautiful audios to listen to on YouTube.
- I light candles. Mine are unscented but if you have lovely scented ones, you can certainly use those. Essential oils are also fantastic to simmer during this quiet time.
- I like to have my favourite crystals close by and one in my hand. I usually keep a Rose Quartz close by, especially when I’m releasing things that no longer serve me.
- I meditate for at least 10 minutes. The guided meditations I choose really depend on my mood and how I feel. Sometimes, I’ll do a Chakra Clearing Meditation, especially if I’ve been feeling anxious.
- After my meditation, I sit quietly for a few minutes and then I get my journal and write out things that have been troubling me the last few weeks and release them, and their negative energy to the moon. This meditation time is also perfect for calming yourself and your mind and practicing patience and inner peace (remember, you’re gonna need lots of it over the next few weeks).
- I also write out the things that I’d like to work on or know that I need to work on and send them out to this energy with love and faith.
- I release limiting beliefs and toxic people who no longer serve me. I send them out with love too!
- When I’m done my full moon ritual, and this is something new I’ve just started, I will make full moon water. You can learn more about that here. I tried it last month for the first time and the results amazed me!
Using rituals for healing
I believe the full moon is the best time to help you heal things that have hurt you or are still hurting you. Maybe a toxic person is still renting space in your head for free or maybe you’re having a hard time with your relationship.
Whatever it is you are dealing with, please use this time under the light and powerful energy of the full moon to give all your cares and woes to the energy of the moon.
If you’re having a hard time finding happiness, loving yourself, or getting over someone, please check out some of my mini self help eBooks down below:
You can’t rely solely on the full moon energy to heal your wounds. You have to also proactively do things to make your life better too!!
Make sure to do your full moon ritual every month
I really can’t stress enough how important it is to do a full moon ritual this month. You can thank me later!
So many ask if they can do it the next day in case they missed the full moon the night before. I’d say no, though some would say yes. The energies are the highest on the night of the full moon.
If you missed doing your ritual that night, I would still suggest writing in your journal the next day and write out all the things that no longer serve you, including people, and release that to the universe.
Then work on how to improve your life, how to get rid of these things and people and how to move on so you can be happy!!
If you liked this post you can now say “hey Iva this was awesome thanx I love you” and buy me a coffee! Click the link below to support my work. xoxo
Peace and Love