I am so deeply in love with the full moon and the new moon. Honestly, I’m like a kid at Christmas time waiting for Santa’s arrival.These moons are a time of so much growth, hope, possibilities and surprise opportunities.
They are also a time for reflection, my favourite part, to see what’s working and what’s not. What your next move should be and where you need to focus more. Also, the biggest one, what to let go of. This is where new moon rituals come in to play.
Do you feel the energy?
I’m really sensitive to energies, all energies, and while not many are, some of you may discover that during the new moon and full moon time, you feel slightly different. You may be super emotional or super angry. You may feel pensive or you may feel fully charged and ready to dominate the world.
Whatever the case may be, there are energies during this time and if you don’t pay attention to them, you may not handle them correctly. If your energy is angry and resilient, it is definitely a time for you to practice more patience, not lash out. (honestly, you can only blame so much on pms!)
(this post contains affiliate links so if you make a purchase I make a small commission)
It’s always helpful to do a little reading up on things like this so that you learn how to work with the energies, instead of against them. I try to spend at least a couple of hours a week chilling with Kindle, reading, learning and growing.
New moon rituals
So it should come as no surprise that I’m a new moon rituals kinda gal. I don’t even set my clock or an alarm. I know exactly what day the new moon falls on weeks before it gets here and wait in anticipation for it. This goes for the full moon too! (I’ll be blogging about my full moon rituals as well)
Now before we get into this ritual thing there is one thing you absolutely positively need to know. I can’t tell you how many times someone has referred to it as woo woo or witchcraft. Don’t be ridiculous.
Do you think your vision board or mind map is woo woo or witchcraft? Of course you don’t. But it’s still a manifestation technique. A ritual you perform to bring about goodness in your life, yes?
There are a few definitions of ritual and while many do make reference to religion, this definition says it best:
Nowhere in there does it say witchcraft, woo woo or religion. See? We’re good to go! Let’s get started on our new moon rituals.
The night of the new moon, find a relaxing quiet place, away from distractions. Turn off your phone, noisy notifications on other devices, etc. You only need about half an hour to an hour (or really however long you are comfortable to meditate, write and zen out)
- Turn on some soft light meditative music (I find lots of great tracks on YouTube) get your favourite journalling book or a nice clean notepad and your favourite pen. You could always do this on your iPad/Phone or computer but I find it’s better without electronics and to do it the old fashioned way.
- Light some candles, scented or not, and/or some of your essential oils in a warmer.
- Sit quietly and meditate for about 10-15 minutes, calming yourself and getting into manifestation mode.
- When you’re done, write out 5-10 wishes you would like to manifest in the next month. Make it realistic and believable. Manifesting $1,000,000 in a month, though could happen, is highly unlikely. If you’re looking for a new job or perhaps a promotion is quite possible. Wishes like that.
- Feel each wish you write out. Feel the feelings you would feel when the wish comes true.
- Carefully tear the page out and fold it up nicely. Hold it in your hands for awhile while really feeling each wish you wrote out. Sit in this for awhile. I usually sit here for about 10 minutes with this. I go through each wish and visualize them. The feeling is really quite beautiful.
- Now take this page and place it under your mattress by your pillow. Leave it here until the next new moon.
(on a side note-I like to have my favourite crystals close by too-amethyst, rose quartz, moonstone)
In a month
The day of the next new moon, take this page out and have a look at it. What manifested, what didn’t, what did you come really close to? Analyze it and see if maybe something just isn’t for you and you should manifest something better or different with the new moon for the following month.
I hope you enjoyed this new moon blog. If you did, please share it out! Have you checked out my new self help guide yet? It’s jam packed full of all the tips, tools and tricks you will need to get control of your life and your happiness!!
Peace and Love
(this post contains affiliate links so if you make a purchase I get a small commission)
Do you love listening to motivational podcasts? You just might like mine! :)