I am so deeply in love with the full moon and the new moon. Honestly, I’m like a kid at Christmas time waiting for Santa’s arrival.These moons are a time of so much growth, hope, possibilities and surprise opportunities.
They are also a time for reflection, my favourite part, to see what’s working and what’s not. What your next move should be and where you need to focus more. Also, the biggest one, what to let go of. This is where new moon rituals come in to play.
Do you feel the energy?
I’m really sensitive to energies, all energies, and while not many are, some of you may discover that during the new moon and full moon time, you feel slightly different. You may be super emotional or super angry. You may feel pensive or you may feel fully charged and ready to dominate the world.
Whatever the case may be, there are energies during this time and if you don’t pay attention to them, you may not handle them correctly. If your energy is angry and resilient, it is definitely a time for you to practice more patience, not lash out. (honestly, you can only blame so much on pms!)
(this post contains affiliate links so if you make a purchase I make a small commission)
It’s always helpful to do a little reading up on things like this so that you learn how to work with the energies, instead of against them. I try to spend at least a couple of hours a week chilling with Kindle, reading, learning and growing.
New moon rituals for love?
Before we begin I do have to say, it doesn’t really matter what you are doing your new moon rituals for. It could be a new moon ritual for love or for a new job or maybe even trying to manifest success in your business. It really doesn’t matter.
The most important thing when sending out your new moon manifestations is that you do it from a place of love, not greed or desperation.
When you are performing your new moon intentions and new moon ritual, always feel love and feel like you already own what you want and that it makes you feel ridiculously joyful.
New moon rituals
So it should come as no surprise that I’m a new moon rituals kinda gal. I don’t even set my clock or an alarm. I know exactly what day the new moon falls on weeks before it gets here and wait in anticipation for it. This goes for the full moon too!
Click the link below to find out more on full moon rituals:
Now before we get into this ritual thing there is one thing you absolutely positively need to know. I can’t tell you how many times someone has referred to it as woo woo or witchcraft. Don’t be ridiculous.
Do you think your vision board or mind map is woo woo or witchcraft? Of course you don’t. But it’s still a manifestation technique. A ritual you perform to bring about goodness in your life, yes?
There are a few definitions of ritual and while many do make reference to religion, this definition says it best:
Nowhere in there does it say witchcraft, woo woo or religion. See? We’re good to go! Let’s get started on our new moon rituals.
Let’s begin our moon rituals
The night of the new moon, find a relaxing quiet place, away from distractions. Turn off your phone, noisy notifications on other devices, etc. You only need about half an hour to an hour (or really however long you are comfortable to meditate, write and zen out)
- Turn on some soft light meditative music (I find lots of great tracks on YouTube) get your favourite journalling book or a nice clean notepad and your favourite pen. You could always do this on your iPad/Phone or computer but I find it’s better without electronics and to do it the old fashioned way.
- Light some candles, scented or not, and/or some of your essential oils in a warmer.
- Sit quietly and meditate for about 10-15 minutes, calming yourself and getting into manifestation mode.
- When you’re done, write out 5-10 wishes you would like to manifest in the next month. Make it realistic and believable. Manifesting $1,000,000 in a month, though could happen, is highly unlikely. If you’re looking for a new job or perhaps a promotion is quite possible. Wishes like that.
- Feel each wish you write out. Feel the feelings you would feel when the wish comes true.
- Carefully tear the page out and fold it up nicely. Hold it in your hands for awhile while really feeling each wish you wrote out. Sit in this for awhile. I usually sit here for about 10 minutes with this. I go through each wish and visualize them. The feeling is really quite beautiful.
- Now take this page and place it under your mattress by your pillow. Leave it here until the next new moon.
Just on a side note-I like to have my favourite crystals close by too-
If you have some favourite crystals of your own, please feel free to surround yourself with them. The more loving energy you have around you, the better it is.
While we’re talking about crystals, don’t forget to cleanse your crystals too!
In a month check your new moon intentions
The day of the next new moon, take this page out and have a look at it. What manifested, what didn’t, what did you come really close to? Analyze it and see if maybe something just isn’t for you and you should manifest something better or different with the new moon for the following month.
I hope you enjoyed this new moon blog. If you did, please share it out! Have you checked out my new self help guide yet? It’s jam packed full of all the tips, tools and tricks you will need to get control of your life and your happiness!!
Did you love this post? Does what I share with you move you in any way shape or form? Do you love the blogs I share with you? If anything I have ever shared with you has inspired, motivated, empowered or enlightened you please consider supporting my work by buying me a coffee!! A simple, small and lovely way to say “Thank you Iva”!! Click the button below. Thank you love you!! xoxo
Peace and Love
(this post contains affiliate links so if you make a purchase I get a small commission)