Last Updated on 1 year by Iva Ursano
I am so deeply in love with the full moon and the new moon. Honestly, I’m like a kid at Christmas time waiting for Santa’s arrival.These moons are a time of so much growth, hope, possibilities and surprise opportunities. Today we’re going to talk about the new moon manifestation ritual- the why, when, how, and so much more!
The moons are a time for reflection, my favourite part, to see what’s working and what’s not. What your next move should be and where you need to focus more. Also, the biggest one, what to let go of. When we release what no longer serves us, we make room for goodness.
This is where the new moon manifestation ritual comes in to play.
New Moon Rituals 2022
This post has been updated for 2022 but the new moon rituals 2022 aren’t any different than 2011 or 1999 or 2017. It doesn’t matter what year you are in. You will still need to do a new moon ritual.
Remember this is a time to set out new moon intentions for the things you do want to come into your life. Below is a small list of new moon intentions examples in case you aren’t familiar with this at all or what an intention even is.
New moon intentions examples
Now we all want to manifest wealth, riches, bags of money dropped at our door and maybe even a knight in shining armor.
While those are all great, try to keep your new moon intentions to things that are realistic and totally achievable. Things like
- more self confidence
- better job opportunities
- a promotion
- higher grades in school,
- a loving partner
- more self love
You want to manifest practical tangible things.
(this post contains affiliate links so if you make a purchase I make a small commission-affiliate disclosure here)
And let’s not forget that we are energetically connected to the moon cycle as well. It’s always helpful to do a little reading up on things like this so that you learn how to work with the energies, instead of against them. I try to spend at least a couple of hours a week chilling with Kindle, reading, learning and growing.
New moon rituals for love?
Before we begin I do have to say, it doesn’t really matter what you are doing your new moon rituals for. It could be a new moon ritual for love or for a new job or maybe even trying to manifest success in your business. It really doesn’t matter.
The most important thing when sending out your new moon manifestations is that you do it from a place of love, not greed or desperation.
When you are performing your new moon intentions and new moon ritual, always feel love and feel like you already own what you want and that it makes you feel ridiculously joyful.
New moon manifestation ritual
So it should come as no surprise that I’m a new moon manifestation ritual kinda gal. I don’t even set my clock or an alarm. I know exactly what day the new moon falls on weeks before it gets here and wait in anticipation for it. This goes for the full moon too!
Click the link below to find out more on full moon rituals:
Now before we get into this ritual thing there is one thing you absolutely positively need to know. I can’t tell you how many times someone has referred to it as woo woo or witchcraft. Don’t be ridiculous.
Do you think your vision board or mind map is woo woo or witchcraft? Of course you don’t. But it’s still a new moon manifestation ritual. A ritual you perform to bring about goodness in your life, yes?
There are a few definitions of ritual and while many do make reference to religion, this definition says it best:
Nowhere in there does it say witchcraft, woo woo or religion. See? We’re good to go! Let’s get started on our new moon rituals.
Let’s begin our new moon manifestation ritual
The night of the new moon, find a relaxing quiet place, away from distractions. Turn off your phone, noisy notifications on other devices, etc. You only need about half an hour to an hour (or really however long you are comfortable to meditate, write and zen out)
- Turn on some soft light meditative music (I find lots of great tracks on YouTube) get your favourite journalling book or a nice clean notepad and your favourite pen. You could always do this on your iPad/Phone or computer but I find it’s better without electronics and to do it the old fashioned way.
- Light some candles, scented or not, and/or some of your essential oils in a warmer.
- Sit quietly and meditate for about 10-15 minutes, calming yourself and getting into manifestation mode.
- When you’re done, write out 5-10 wishes you would like to manifest in the next month. Make it realistic and believable. Manifesting $1,000,000 in a month, though could happen, is highly unlikely. If you’re looking for a new job or perhaps a promotion is quite possible. Wishes like that.
- Feel each wish you write out. Feel the feelings you would feel when the wish comes true.
- Carefully tear the page out and fold it up nicely. Hold it in your hands for awhile while really feeling each wish you wrote out. Sit in this for awhile. I usually sit here for about 10 minutes with this. I go through each wish and visualize them.The feeling is really quite beautiful.
- Now take this page and place it under your mattress by your pillow. Leave it here until the next new moon.
Just on a side note-I like to have my favourite crystals close by too-
If you have some favourite crystals of your own, please feel free to surround yourself with them. The more loving energy you have around you, the better it is.
While we’re talking about crystals, don’t forget to cleanse your crystals too!
In a month check your new moon intentions
The day of the next new moon, take this page out and have a look at it. What manifested, what didn’t, what did you come really close to? Analyze it and see if maybe something just isn’t for you and you should manifest something better or different with the new moon for the following month.
I hope you enjoyed this new moon blog.
Peace and Love