You’ve heard it a million times. Be grateful for what you have and you will have more things to be grateful for. It’s just the Universal law. It has to be. According to Abraham Hicks, our thoughts and energies dictate our life. I truly believe this.
You should too. Have you ever woken up grumpy, had poopy thoughts all morning and then your whole day goes to Hell. Do you know why this is? Because your thoughts, feelings and energy set the tone for the day.
If you stayed grumpy and didn’t even at least try to change your attitude, then you’re just gonna stay sad, grumpy and poopy the entire day.
That’s no way to spend a day!! When you take two minutes to stop and practice daily gratitude you’ll notice your energy shift, as well as your day.
There are a million things to be grateful for
Amirite? I mean, just stop and look at all the things around you. If you were to make a gratitude list of everything it would probably be a thousand miles long. Sadly though, too many of us count our problems.
How many times have you heard someone say “count your blessings”?
I’m guessing probably lots of times. Why do you think they tell you that? That answer is simple! When you count your blessings instead of your problems, the latter goes away and more good things show up in your life.
I love how this gratitude stuff works!
Have you grabbed your copy of my self help guide yet? If you’re stuck in a rut of anger, hatred, frustration and helplessness, this guide is for you! Click the link below to download yours today!
Count your blessings!
I totally know how easy it is to get caught up in the problems we face. I’ve been through hell and back and have wallowed in self pity more times than I care to admit. That whole count your blessings thing was the farthest from my mind.
I have problems dammit and lots of them. I have nothing to be grateful for right now!!
This is how I used to behave. Pathetic, I know. I’ve grown a lot since those cranky days and now, no matter how bad things are, I am always looking for things to be grateful for.
Gratitude quotes are amazing at realigning our thoughts and reminding us of how beautiful life is and help us to practice daily gratitude. You can check out this blog I wrote on gratitude!:
Do you keep a gratitude journal?
If you write in your gratitude journal daily, kudos to you!! I do and if I skip a day I try to express gratitude verbally throughout the day. I like to stop and look around at all the things to be grateful for. Things like:
- clean water to drink
- blue sky
- sunny days
- my clothes
- my pillows/bed and blankies
Things like that. These little things remind me how blessed I am. Being down here in Guatemala, so many don’t even have clean water or a bed. Many sleep on the ground, on dirt. I wish I was joking, I’m not.
It’s this level of poverty that I’m surrounded with that keeps me in gratitude.
Anyway I found this really cute gratitude list in a Facebook group the other day and instead of stealing it (which is bad) it gave me the idea for this fun article!!
Here are 25 things to be grateful for and/or activities you can do to bring about a more positive life! I hope you enjoy this list and try to actually act upon each suggestion every day and then……..
Watch your life improve!!
Gratitude List/Fun Things To Do To Make You More Grateful For Life
- Smile at everyone you meet today
- Find 2 things to look forward to today
- Do 3 acts of kindness to complete strangers
- Make time to do at least one thing for yourself that you love doing
- Ask someone about their best quality and get them to talk about
- Look up at sky and be grateful for your eyes that help you see the clouds, birds, sun or rain.
- Call up an old friend on the phone and talk for hours!
- Buy yourself a treat!
- Buy a stranger a treat!
- Introduce yourself to a neighbour (make a new friend!)
- Do something for a good cause today (volunteer maybe?)
- Look at yourself in the mirror and say thank you for showing up and being you!
- Pick some fresh flowers and put them on your table to smell and admire!
- Take a totally different path on your way to work or on a daily walk and appreciate the new view
- Tell someone they look beautiful today!
- Take one tiny step closer to a dream or goal.
10 more things to be grateful for!!
- Write out 5 things you are grateful for right now.
- An hour before bed, shut down electronics and just breathe and be.
- Give yourself a hug
- Give someone else a hug!
- Do 15 minutes of exercise and be grateful for your strength and muscles
- Learn something new and share it with someone else
- Do something really crazy fun (sing out loud, dance in your living room, go ziplining, salsa dancing, etc)
- Be gentle to yourself if you make a mistake. Acknowledge that you tried your best.
- Say something uplifting to a stranger today
- As soon as you open your eyes in the morning, every day, say thank you for another day of life.
How many was that?
There are so many things you can do to bring more blessings and gratitude into your life. Now you’re probably thinking, Iva a lot of the stuff on this list is kindness stuff. Yup. You’re right. It sure is. But…
When we do kind things for others, without expecting anything in return, it brings about such immense gratitude in our lives. Don’t forget that.
Kindness breeds gratitude!
But the number 1 thing I am grateful for is YOU! Reading this, sharing this, and passing more kindness, gratitude and love around the world. The world is changed by our example, not our opinion and the more kind things we do, the more love we spread, the more gratitude we express, the better the world will be.
Our world needs love and kindness, not hate and anger. Be the change you want to see in the world.
Did you love this post? Does what I share with you move you in any way shape or form? Do you love the blogs I share with you? If anything I have ever shared with you has inspired, motivated, empowered or enlightened you please consider supporting my work by buying me a coffee!!
A simple, small and lovely way to say “Thank you Iva”!! Click the button below. Thank you love you!! xoxo
Peace and Love
xo iva xo