Who doesn’t love Rumi and his great quotes and poems? I make many poster quotes over on my Facebook page Amazing Me Movement and so many of them are created with love from Rumi quotes. I love his words. There is such deep meaning and power to them.
Near the end of this blog I’ll share my absolute favourite Rumi poem with you. Every time I read it, it brings a wee tear to my eye.
If you follow me at all, you know that it was reading life changing quotes that helped me get through some of the worst times I’ve ever been through. I had hit rock bottom and inspirational quotes helped me. A lot. I would like to think that these quotes are changing lives all around the world, especially the ones from Rumi.
Without further ado,
15 Rumi Quotes that will change your life
1. Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.
2. It’s your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
3. Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.
4. Your heart knows the way. Run in that direction.
5. If all you can do is crawl, start crawling.
6. When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.
7. Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
8. Respond to every call that excites your spirit.
9. There is a life-force within your soul, seek that life. There is a gem in the mountain of your body, seek that mine. O traveler, if you are in search of that, don’t look outside, look inside yourself and seek that.
10. Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?
11. Ignore those that make you fearful and sad, that degrade you back towards disease and death.
12. The moment you accept what troubles you’ve been given, the door will open.
13. Everything about yesterday has gone with yesterday. Today, it is needed to say new things.
14. There is a life in you, search that life, search the secret jewel in the mountain of your body.
And my favourite quote of all time is this one.
15. “I choose to love you in silence…
For in silence I find no rejection,
I choose to love you in loneliness…
For in loneliness no one owns you but me,
I choose to adore you from a distance…
For distance will shield me from pain,
I choose to kiss you in the wind…
For the wind is gentler than my lips,
I choose to hold you in my dreams…
For in my dreams, you have no end.”
Ok so that last one isn’t a life changing quote but it sure is such an amazing and beautiful poem. Wouldn’t you agree? I honestly read it so much. I dedicate it to someone who has had such a powerful effect on my life.
Do you have any favourite Rumi quotes? Share yours below! I’d love to read them.
If you are feeling stuck in life and having a hard time letting go of pain and anger from the past or maybe just struggling to find some purpose or direction, my self help guide might be just want you need.
From Hell to Happiness is a POWER-full and LIFE changing ebook that will get you back on track to living the life you deserve. Download your copy now!
Peace and Love
xo iva xo
(this post contains affiliate links so if you make a purchase I make a small commission but the best part of that is the more I make, the more hungry bellies I can feed here in Guatemala-win win!!)