Who doesn’t love Rumi and his great quotes and poems? I make many poster quotes over on my Facebook page Amazing Me Movement and so many of them are created with love from Rumi quotes on life.
I love his words. There is such deep meaning and power to them.
Near the end of this blog, I’ll share my absolute favourite Rumi poem with you. Every time I read it, it brings a wee tear to my eye.
If you don’t know much about this Rumi guy let me fill you in a wee bit.
Who was Rumi?
His real name is Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi and he was a Persian poet and Sufi master (whatever that is), born in born in 1207. He was a religious teacher until he met Shams Tabrizi who changed the course of his life. He did not start writing poetry seriously until her mysterious disappearance.
He is most famous for his intense, passionate and spiritual poems but as you know, he also has many quotes recognized around the world.
So just a bit of info for you.
You know how much I love inspirational messages and sayings
If you follow me at all, you know that it was reading life-changing quotes that helped me get through some of the worst times I’ve ever been through. I had hit rock bottom and inspirational quotes helped me. A lot. I would like to think that these quotes are changing lives all around the world, especially the Rumi quotes on life and other quotes from inspirational people.
Without further ado,
15 Rumi Quotes on Life
1. Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.
2. It’s your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
3. Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.
4. Your heart knows the way. Run in that direction.
5. If all you can do is crawl, start crawling.
6. When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.
7. Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
8. Respond to every call that excites your spirit.
9. There is a life-force within your soul, seek that life. There is a gem in the mountain of your body, seek that mine. O traveler, if you are in search of that, don’t look outside, look inside yourself and seek that.
10. Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?
11. Ignore those that make you fearful and sad, that degrade you back towards disease and death.
12. The moment you accept what troubles you’ve been given, the door will open.
13. Everything about yesterday has gone with yesterday. Today, it is needed to say new things.
14. There is a life in you, search that life, search the secret jewel in the mountain of your body.
And my favourite is one of the best Rumi poems ever written
15. “I choose to love you in silence…
For in silence I find no rejection,
I choose to love you in loneliness…
For in loneliness no one owns you but me,
I choose to adore you from a distance…
For distance will shield me from pain,
I choose to kiss you in the wind…
For the wind is gentler than my lips,
I choose to hold you in my dreams…
For in my dreams, you have no end.”
Ok so that last one isn’t a life-changing quote but it sure is such an amazing and beautiful poem. Wouldn’t you agree? I honestly read it so much. I dedicate it to someone who has had such a powerful effect on my life.
What are your favourite Rumi quotes on life?
We already know he has a bajillion quotes and poems and I’ve only listed 15 of my favourites but what are some of yours that maybe I missed? Share them down below. I’d love to see them.
Another person I admire for beautiful quotes is Osho. His are so deep and profound every time I see one it always makes me stop and think.
Did you love this post? Does what I share with you move you in any way shape or form? Do you love the blogs I share with you? If anything I have ever shared with you has inspired, motivated, empowered or enlightened you please consider supporting my work by buying me a coffee!!
A simple, small and lovely way to say “Thank you Iva”!! Click the button below. Thank you love you!! xoxo
If you are feeling stuck in life and having a hard time letting go of pain and anger from the past or maybe just struggling to find some purpose or direction, my self help guide might be just what you need. Click here or the image below to grab your copy now and don’t forget to enter code mymojo50 for 50% off!!
Peace and Love
xo iva xo